Mobiletron Expands Manufacturing Base in Taiwan with Taichung Factory

Mobiletron Expands Manufacturing Base in Taiwan with Taichung Factory

The Taiwanese automotive parts manufacturer has invested US$48 million for a new factory in Taichung to be finished in 2020
Mobiletron has reportedly invested NT$1.5 billion (US$48.6 million) into the construction of a new plant in Taichung, Taiwan which is expected to be completed by the end of 2020.

Currently about 60 percent of Mobiletron’s manufacturing in Asia is based in Taiwan, with the other 40 percent in Ningbo, China.
After the new facility begins operations, 80 percent of output will be based in Taiwan, versus 20 percent in China, reports Digitimes.
According to Chairman Kim Tsai, over the past five years, Mobiletron’s business has increased its focus on innovative technologies like energy storage and battery management systems.

The company is also developing products to integrate automotive vehicles with the Internet of Things, and improve overall vehicle safety.

In 2018, consolidated revenue for the company has so far surpassed NT$2 billion. Third quarter revenues in 2018 for the company totaled NT$656.6 million, with a net profit of NT$49.4 million.

According to Digitimes, 48.7 percent of the company’s recent revenue was from the United States, making North America the company’s largest overseas market.

The company also has facilities in the U.K., and partner business facilities in the U.S., according to the company website.

Contact Info:

Source: Taiwan News

Subscribe to AAT Newsletter for Free

Get Latest Business Opportunities...! Contact us for ALL you need...!

Subscribe